You are here

In the event of divorce or dissolution of a civil partnership

In the event that you re-marry or enter into a new civil partnership which ends in divorce/dissolution, you and your partner will need to consider how to treat your pension rights as part of any settlement. 

Your can divide your pension by offsetting your pension rights, earmarking orders, or take advantage of pension sharing orders (qualifying agreement in Scotland).

You or your solicitor should contact your pension fund administrator for specific information including an estimate of the cash equivalent value (CEV) of your pension rights.

Be sure to review your expression of wish form to ensure it’s kept up to date, especially if you have previously nominated your ex-spouse / ex-civil partner to receive your lump sum death grant.